Managed by our office in London, the European Commodities Working Group/Distribution List distributes updates on current European commodity issues and participates in and reviews responses to various discussion and consultation papers. Recently, the group has focused on MiFID II, namely the introduction of a position limits regime and the ancillary activities exemption. The group has also monitored French position reporting requirements for certain agricultural contracts traded on ICE and Euronext and requirements for commodity transactions under the Securities Financing Transactions Regulation.
For more information, please contact Christiane Leuthier.
- FIA files letter to ESMA on ancillary activity exemption under MiFID II (Feb. 2017)
- FIA files response to FCA Consultation Paper on MiFID II implementation (Nov. 2016)
- FIA files letters to ESMA on position limit proposals under MiFID II (Nov. 2016)
- Webinar: Accessing PRC Futures and Commodities Exchanges (Oct. 2016)
- Webinar: Insider Trading under the Commodity Exchange Act (Sep. 2016)